Just finished the book Staying Alive by Matt Beaumont. It was simply witty and wonderfully twisty. for me, a great read would be a severe understatement. haha it really is good, i've included a small paragraph below.
"In front of me are four unequal stacks of chips. My future reduced to forty-five discs... Which really are very pretty.
We didn't happen on this particular table by chance. Oh no, Vince has a system. I'd love to think it involved objective assessment of the odds, preferably supported by enough convoluted maths to give Stephen Hawkings a migraine... Actually, it's based entirely upon gut feeling. Which, frankly, is a worry - call me unadventurous, but I find it unsettling when a man bypasses his brain and does his thinking with his lower intestines."
"In front of me are four unequal stacks of chips. My future reduced to forty-five discs... Which really are very pretty.
We didn't happen on this particular table by chance. Oh no, Vince has a system. I'd love to think it involved objective assessment of the odds, preferably supported by enough convoluted maths to give Stephen Hawkings a migraine... Actually, it's based entirely upon gut feeling. Which, frankly, is a worry - call me unadventurous, but I find it unsettling when a man bypasses his brain and does his thinking with his lower intestines."
Monday, March 20, 2006